What's new

Alutec strutbar

dinoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord Type-S
Today my Alutec strutbar arrived and I have it installed.

It looks very very strong (compared with a Cusco replica I had on my CL7 on the past) is made from some special aircraft aluminum (they say) and is very light, 1.5kg only.
It looks very good also, very well made.
The install was not so easy that I thought , one the passenger side it touches the OEM firewall bar (see the picture bellow with the yellow arrow) and I had to forced in order to fit it,
lucky the aluminum is a soft metal :blush:
Not sure why I had this issue, and only on one side, all reviews I saw for this bar and TSX reported flawless install , anyway all good now.

Pictures bellow:

Nice bar mate, little unlucky on the install. Either way you got it on and it looks great. So has it improoved the handling?

Haven't yet the chance to drive it hard, otherwise you won't feel it , but getting the chassis as more rigid as you can is not just bling, imho :)
Just think about it, with every new model that is out, Honda or other car manufactures claims some % more rigid chassis to their brand new models, why do they do this ? :(
Also, I thought it will be a compliment to the anti-roll bars kit front/rear from H&R I have.

Thanks guys :(

CJ I had an Icebox on another Honda (CL7) which was sold with the intake and other mods.
I'm tempted to get an Icebox, but along with other stuff, headers, and a Hondata remap (or maybe XO) , but without remap I won't bother , either the whole package or nothing :)
But not this year , maybe next year, this year just a little bit of handling stuff :D

i maybe wrong but when the TSX first came out it came will a strut bar...here in europe we get a firewall bar instead..in the TSX i think they had to remove the stock bar to fit the Alutec...that's probably why you had slight issues?

oh so Dinoc this is your 2nd Accord? like me then lol....I was sad when i sold the Mugen exhaust with the first one :(

yeah ... I don't know ... I've checked some pics on the net (most probably not the best) and couldn't figure it out what's different, not so many firewall/OEM strut bars out there

Yep, the second Accord like you :( yep that Mugen exhaust you had was awesome and very expensive also , did you recover some money from selling it ?
The aftermarket part I miss the most (from previous car) is the H&R coilovers kit, the car handled superbly,
but this time I promise not to lower it :) , because of the bad roads over here plus the anti-roll bar kit from H&R solved most part of "my" handling issue :D