What's new

Annoying cargo nets in the tourer

davemazo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Skoda Superb Estate
This used to be on THAOC but has now obviously gone so I just thought I would finally get around to taking out those annoying cargo nets in the tourer that just take up space and are never used. It`s easy enough to do and doesn`t really need a write up with pictures but hey it gives me something to do. This is what I mean:-

P1050487.jpg

First of all remove the 4 (5 in the longer one) plastic covers along the length of the net and 2 at one end. Like so:-

P1050489.jpg

This exposes 4 (5) screws and 2 bolts. Remove them all and the plastic end piece. I found then that the top cover slides off as per the photo:-

P1050490.jpg

This then exposes two more bolts. Take these out and the whole thing lifts out giving you a good 10 inches more useful load space. Plenty enough to get a few more bags of rubble or a fridge freezer in.

Just need something now to cover up the exposed brackets

IMAG0114.jpg

Like I said not rocket science but is about the limit of my mechanical abilities :(

CJ, I`ve no doubt they are expensive but don`t worry I`m not throwing them out. I`ll be putting them back in if and when I sell the car. As for the slam panel, I`ll keep an eye out for one but I in the mean time I might just look out for a bit of black carpet and stick it down somehow

Keep meaning to do this, mine are proper noisy when rolled-up so I have them in place all the time and they 'alf block rear vision.

just took mine out aswell, never use them in my previous cars. bit of weight saving. lol

I just bought some, but........... I need to change the trims on the back of the seats as the sport doesnt have the cut outs :(

I just bought some, but........... I need to change the trims on the back of the seats as the sport doesnt have the cut outs :(

Oh no, after finding such a bargain too, right pain in the butt. Hope you get it sorted out :unsure:

Hmmm. They don't look too bad removed. Might do the same...
Would DaveCMR's hole-less sport seat trims fit the tourer and cover the mounting holes?

Oh no, after finding such a bargain too, right pain in the butt. Hope you get it sorted out :unsure:

Yeah will get it sorted maybe one day lol, emailed a breakers nearby who are breaking a tourer but they never replied. I dont really need them till next summer so they could just gather dust in the garage lol.

@ Matt yes they would. I've not removed my trims to check the mounting holes are there (I ***ume they are as these were an optional extra and I cant see honda making 2 different rear seats for 1 car)

Looking at your folded seats in the pictures, when they are down your seat base comes up as well as the backs folding to make it all flat now does the saloon do this? ive tried but dont want to force anything just incase I break it I can only get the backs to fold down. my mondeo did it and so does my dads vectra. I hope all that made any sence?

Thats right. You pull a lever on the top of the seat back near the headrest and the seat bottom is supposed to lift up against the front seats and the back folds down, all automatic. Except that mine doesn`t quite do that I have to give the seat bottom a helping hand and lift it as i pull the lever.

Is is supposed to lift when you pull the lever? Is the saloon and estate action different? On mine (tourer) pulling the lever causes the headrest to collapse, but it's the action of folding the seat-back down that causes the seat-bottom to flip up against the front seats. A fairly clunky action, but it does work.

Don`t know about the saloon but I don`t think mine works as it should. I`ve always been under the impression that it was a one handed single operation. Like you say Matt the headrest folds down, the seat bottom is supposed to lift up and the seat back folds down flat. Mine doesn`t quite do that, like I said I have to give it a helping hand by lifting the seat bottom up manually to enable the back to fold down.

Now and again if someone who doesn`t know how the mechanism works has attempted to put the seats down they have just folded the back down without the seat bottom lifting up automatically as it should.

It has been like this since I`ve owned the car so I can`t really accuse anyone of damaging the mechanism.

I`ll have to investigate and see if there is some adjustment to be made.

In mine the headrest flips down when you pull the lever and then as you fold the back of the seat the base lifts up it is quite clunky tho.