What's new

Another HID thread

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
Before i get flamed, I did use the search button and it came up with nothing unfortunately.
I have just bought a HID kit and am waiting for it to arrive. My only query is if i need canbus cancelors/resistors for the kit to eliminate any flickering or just one side lighting on start up etc or is it just plug and play on the Accord.??

I plan on taking off the bumper and removing the lights and fitting the kit as per CJ's OCD hid install thread so i plan on only doing it once if i can help it.

I was wondering though, considering the sensitivity of the auto function if HIDs would suffer - near me there are loads of bridges and tunnels conveniently placed around 7 seconds apart at motorway speeds.

People in front must think I am flashing them...

Does the continuous on and off cycle damage the bulb and/or ballasts ?

I was wondering though, considering the sensitivity of the auto function if HIDs would suffer - near me there are loads of bridges and tunnels conveniently placed around 7 seconds apart at motorway speeds.

People in front must think I am flashing them...

Does the continuous on and off cycle damage the bulb and/or ballasts ?

In a nut shell yes, it will for sure reduce the life of the product. Keep your headlamp operation on manual.

That won't wash with the missus - she wants everything automatic - it was a 4 year battle to keep a manual transmission.

I just told her about the 8th Gen memory seats and her eyes lit up.... :lol: