rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
Does anyone know of any problems or had any problems with the auto box

I haven't heard any major problems as yet only a few softwear updates

I haven't heard any major problems as yet only a few softwear updates
cheers looking for a saloon now for taxi but want auto 7th gen running sweet after all problems ive had so next couple of months will retire her to family car and hopefully replace with 8th gen auto but dont no much about the auto box

cheers looking for a saloon now for taxi but want auto 7th gen running sweet after all problems ive had so next couple of months will retire her to family car and hopefully replace with 8th gen auto but dont no much about the auto box

Eats fuel so I wouldn't recommend for a taxi......?

Eats??...... how do you find it?

Ive had my Auto IDTEC for 2 years and the average mpg over the 2 year period (37,000 miles) 36.7 according to the car. On a recent visit to France I managed around the early 30's for most of the driving.

In and around town, you would be looking at 400-450 mile per tank.

But how was it before the map? Any better?

Thats a big drop from my old i-CTDI 6spd.

My 8th gen diesel auto gives between 41 to 43 mpg (daily commute dual carriageway and A roads). Motorway driving takes it up 50mpg. My 7th gen 2.2 diesel used to do 51 to 53mpg on my daily commute and 60mpg on motorways. The sixth gear in the facelift 7th gen manual and 8th gen manual makes a lot of difference to the mpg. I would not buy an auto for taxi work especially in town or city driving where the mpg will be less.

My 8th gen diesel auto gives between 41 to 43 mpg (daily commute dual carriageway and A roads). Motorway driving takes it up 50mpg. My 7th gen 2.2 diesel used to do 51 to 53mpg on my daily commute and 60mpg on motorways. The sixth gear in the facelift 7th gen manual and 8th gen manual makes a lot of difference to the mpg. I would not buy an auto for taxi work especially in town or city driving where the mpg will be less.
The manual 2.2 i-ctdi cost me 14p a mile at moment i no auto will go up to roughly 17p a mile which i can live with even though over 4yrs this is the price of a new car (Good 2nd hand car) but so much more easier to drive specially in York traffic,but this why after good feedback of you guys is very important to me

But how was it before the map? Any better?

Thats a big drop from my old i-CTDI 6spd.

Before the re-map it was actually worse.

On a 135 mile run to slough office I can normally get around 40 - 44mpg depending on traffic, weather and driving style. The only way i can get in the 50+ is if i drive at 56mph behind a truck.

Hello,

My 58 2.0 EX petrol auto has averaged 32mpg over the last 15 months and peaked up to 40mpg on long Motorway rides. ... looking for something wooden to touch ... but the auto box is quiet, smooth and faultless (well a little nudge every now and again putting it into gear with the brakes on up hill at lights ...)

Seems a shame to use such a nice car as a taxi - all those people in and out ... bouncing on your leather, bumping bags on your dash ...slamming your doors ... hope you get kind, respectful fares in your part of the Taxi-kingdom ...

Cheers,

Graham

42-44mpg, mixed riving but more motorway-centric.

I find the sport mode and flappy paddles a hoot. On fastish B roads third gear is particularly flexible and puts a smile on your face when pushing on.