What's new

Auto Fold Wingmirror?

St3ve

Members
Reaction score
Car
Audi A5 Sportback
One of the little niggles I've got during the time of having the Accord:

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the wing mirrors auto fold when you lock / unlock the car or turn the ignition on/off ?

Similarly turning the lights on when the wipers kick in as both are on auto !?

Ta.

It has been done, but the member was lost in the transistion to the new site... I thought Oz (bluguru) was working on an alternative solution, but could be wrong. Try a search.

Was hoping it was something which could be done via Software; Had an 08' Civic before the Accord and someone was doing similar things with Mirrors and Coming Home Lights, but it meant hacking the wiring which is something I dont want to do...Dont think I will have the car for too much longer.

No it was very involved. Our folding mirrors are just operated by a switch. There is no computer involvement

It needed some clever wiring with the central locking and a timed relay iirc.

Think I will pass on that one then! Sadly don't have the same inclination I used to!

A member which had to leave TA did this and helped OZ do his conversion but it involved splicing wires and adding relays.

He did mine too and whilst it was easy(ish) to physically fit, actually working out how to wire it all up with a couple of relays required some knowledge of electronics. Something I could never do

That's what I was looking for... More details please?

One guy on polish forum did this... sorry I’m not going translate

http://www.accordklubpolska.pl/viewtopic.php?t=19574