What's new

Autobox

rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
Hi Guys im in the process of trying to purchase a 8th gen auto to go with my current 7th gen in the coming months as any one experienced any problems with the box my last 3 autos all had problems when reaching the 100k mark they were all volvos by the way.

The only thing iv heard is the towing weight is terrible something like 700kg.

Yep mines OK, trouble free for 35,000 miles which 20,000 of those have been with the engine remap to 221bhp.

All this box needs is a 6th gear!!

I used an 8th gen diesel auto for a week recently and was dissapointed with the mpg - may just have been my experience though.
I'd advise you to try and get an extended 24/48 hour test drive from a dealer to see what you get with your driving style - that's if mpg is going to be one of your considerations.

Its going to be a taxi eventually after the 7th gen retires and becomes the family car so mainly all town driving

Its going to be a taxi eventually after the 7th gen retires and becomes the family car so mainly all town driving

I'd certainly test dirve one then if I were you, I was seeing about 32mpg in the one I had.

Yep mines OK, trouble free for 35,000 miles which 20,000 of those have been with the engine remap to 221bhp.

All this box needs is a 6th gear!!

This is why I love, and will always love manual :D