What's new

Best Android app for Accord 2007?

rivergreen

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
We have an excellent voice controlled SAT-NAV and bluetooth HFT in the 07 Accord, it works brilliantly, but can we do any better? For example, are there any Android apps that integrate with our system that can read incoming sms over the cars speakers and enable sms reply through the cars microphone?

I know there are apps which can do this through the phone in drive mode, but what's the best we can expect from apps that use the cars mic and speakers? I suspect its just HFT on this model.

What apps do people here use when driving and how do rate them?

I've found a solution that's close to perfect.

Android Auto is the app. to use. I already have Xcarlink, so my phones audio out connects to aux in on the car radio.

I can send sms or WhatsApp to anyone in my contacts list simply by speech, "send sms to mum" or "send WhatssApp to dad", I then speak the message, have it read back to and if happy say "send". It reads out incoming sms over the cars speakers, muting any audio, and I have the option to speak a reply, or send a preset message, all hands free.

I can also listen to Internet radio with it, my cars FM is pretty poor, but using Android Auto and an integrated compatible radio app, I now have Internet radio, no messing with an after market DAB to get BBC 6Music or Radio 4extra. I can also ask it to play anything from my own music selection, "Play The Smiths". It responds quickly to any voice command.

I'm also starting to use in it preference to the Honda Sat-Nav, which is pretty good anyway, but AA integrates seamlessly with Google maps and I can just say.." Navigate to W12 1AA", or "Navigate to the nearest Post Office" etc etc and the route is up on my phone with voice directions over the speakers.

Its also better for phone calls than the Honda HFT, calling anyone from your contacts just say "Call dad", or any other number "Call 020 1111 2222", and the call is made

A great app, hands free texting, calling, Internet radio, navigating, music and more that I haven't fully explored yet.