What's new

Blowing Fuses

lmsgorsaig

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0
Hi guys

I have a re-curring problem with a blowing 7 amp fuse in the 'drivers side' fuse box (fuse No. 21, 'instrument display'). The problem seems to be occuring in wet conditions, when reverse gear is selected. The fuse appears to have some control function, as it knocks out the following systems when it blows:
wipers
indicators
instrument display
electric windows
reversing lamp

Any thoughts on the above would be much appreciated.

Can anyone confirm the location of the reversing lamp switch on this vehicle?

Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for this model?

Thanks for that.

Cheers
Louis

Louis, TBH I can't see it being the reverse switch, as all your doing when with switch is closed is grounding that switch which completes the circuit. Must be water getting in somewhere to cause a short.

*EDIT* just re-read your post. 7 amps for all these accessories is not right and under-rated. Make sure no.21 fuse is supposed to be 7 amp.

have to agree with Gav on this one.....

also agree with gav does it blow when all equipment is on or just one thing.If so it could be the wrong fuse and to much load

Fuse is 7.5 A (not 7A as stated in my post) not that this makes much difference! Whether the other equipment is on or not does not seem to have any effect.
I think the fuse is linked to, or is involved in the control power supply to the other systems

this could well be a fault in your reversing lamp ***embly i.e. when you select reverse you put a feed to the reverse lamp bulb circuit and if there is a short in that circuit , possible wire worn through and touching on to chassis or water ingress in the lamp or even a faulty bulb !!!! so best to check that circuit out first . start by removing the bulb and engage reverse and then work backwards disconnecting plugs etc the trick is to isolate the circuit which is causing the fuse to blow. and repeat this for the other circuits but say if the wipers are not operating when the fuse blows it is unlikely to be on that circuit i suppose the worst case scenario would be actual water ingress to a circuit board under the dashboard. also check relay boxes etc and remove relays one at a time and test to see if fuse blows thus eleminating that particular circuit

Hi guys

I have a re-curring problem with a blowing 7 amp fuse in the 'drivers side' fuse box (fuse No. 21, 'instrument display'). The problem seems to be occuring in wet conditions, when reverse gear is selected. The fuse appears to have some control function, as it knocks out the following systems when it blows:
wipers
indicators
instrument display
electric windows
reversing lamp

Any thoughts on the above would be much appreciated.

Can anyone confirm the location of the reversing lamp switch on this vehicle?

Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for this model?

Thanks for that.

Cheers
Louis

having said all that in my previous post if the fuse is only a 7.5 amp fuse it will be only a low load fuse that does not protect circuits such as wipers or electric window motors these would more likely to be 20 to 30 amp fuses so i would think it would be a control fuse possible just for the warning lamps/display and probably blowing in wet conditions due to rain running on to a P.C.B. or similar electronic component.