What's new

Bonnet chip protection

Mike c

Members
Reaction score
Car
CR V 2.0 EX
Hi
Has anyone any experience with the clear film offered to protect the front of bonnets?
I have a low mileage CR V finished in Premium white and there is already a few minor chips in evidence. I have looked at the plastic bonnet covers but they tend to spoil the looks of the car ( and I am not sure how you keep the bonnet clean underneath the cover).
I have looked at the various companies advertised on the net and the products look good.
Has anyone used the film and if so is it obvious where the film finishes half way along the bonnet?
Is it easy to keep clean or does it dull??
Any idea on the cost involved
Cheers guys
Mike c

have you thought about bra? it's made from leather and looks much better then plastic covers
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bonnet-Stone-Guard-Bra-Honda-CR-V-07-/230749965630?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b9c50d3e

Ebod and Carlnike are both members that do wrapping for a trade and are worth looking up. Results seem to vary depending on the finish you want and of course budget.

From my understanding though, you need to consider them as sacrificial.

i would say that the clear plastic hood bug/stone deflectors are better,im on the search for one myself,the acura in autraslia/canada do them but not in places like the states,i yet have to see one here,you then have the leather hood bra's just as Grzesiek has correctly pointed out,with the hood bra's you can get a full cover that go over the bumper's and everything or the ones just sit 1/3 way up the hood...