What's new

Boot not opening- 05 Tourer Tailgate

Accordial

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 2.2 D Tourer
I went to the car yesterday and opened it with the blipper (the button on the key, no idea what you'd call it, but you get the idea), and opened the boot with the blipper and shut it with the 'close' button.

Started the car, the engine management light came on (thread elsewhere about that, fault code was glowplugs).

When I came to leave the car, the blipper wouldn't open the boot and it wouldn't lock the car either.

This morning the blipper will lock/unlock the car, but it won't open the boot. The boot handle has never (in the last decade I've had the car) worked, but I believe it's electronic? I opened the boot from within, and then used the electric button to close it. So there's no problem with the motor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited to add: Between the keyfob not working yesterday, and it working this morning I had taken all the fuses out (and put them back in again) to check them on account of the engine management light.

Last edited:
Fault gone away. I think the somewhat flat battery confused the ECU, caused the engine management light, the remote central locking system threw a wobbly too. Taking out the fuses to check them had the effect of turning the ECU off and on again, and resetting the engine management light fixed it all finally. Reminder to self: never underestimate the power of turning it off and on again!

if fault re occurs look for broken or damaged wiring around hinges