What's new

BRAKE APPLICATION AND VSA LIGHT FLICKER

R800APB

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX i-DTEC
Has anybody had the brakes apply without reason? I was travelling home the other night when for no reason the VSA light flickered and the N/S/F brakes appeared to apply for no reason! This has occured twice now in the last couple of months, the weather was fine and I was not giving it large around the twisty roads. Help.......

Adi it's happened to me a few times a bit worrying I know. I think my problem is the R/O caliper was sticking which might upset the VSA. The other thing is there could be a problem with one of the sensors. You need to get the brains of the car diagnosed by a Honda dealer because that should thow any faults up. Also if you are confident remove the pads and give the calipers a good clean regreasing the slidding pins.

Changed the front brake pads less than 4 months ago, I made sure that it was well cleaned and free then. Oh well Cars going in for the Exhaust manifold to be changed under warranty so will get them to hook it up to see then, many thanks.

maybe one of the wheels slipped.... also the VSA all it does is knocks off the acclerator so you can speed up more...

It was a bit colder than usual today and my brake and VSA light started twitching and then remained on.

After driving for a while and stopping for fuel the lights went out.

I hope these lights go away after I get my discs and pads replaced!