What's new

Brakes

prozacc

Reaction score
Car
Accord 5 CE8
Hello, I think that I have an issue with the brakes of my car. It is an Accord 1.8 16v 98, CE8 - left direction (don't know if you tell it like that). When I bought it there was a problem with the rear brakes. It was fixed by the local services but I don’t think it was made correctly. That's why one day I lifted the back and blocked the brake pedal. Supprise- the wheels were moving without any problem. So I removed the piston from the caliper body because It was blocked. I changed the brake fluid and the brake pads. When I tried to push the air out of the system there was a problem with the rear right wheel. The air could not pass by the bleed screw- it was corked. I succeed to unblock it and the fluid started to go out. First I did the rear right wheel, than rear left, front left, front right. It was strange beacause sometimes the pressure was strong nex time slight. The engine was started. I ***embled every thing but still don't have the wanted result. I feel that there is no pressure on the rear wheels when I push the brake pedal. Very often the ABS turns on without reason for me because of this. The hand brake is working and when I pull it I feel the braking force. So I don't think that a blocked piston is the reason. On the 4-5/12 it was raining, and all the disks become rusty. When I take a tour the front disks were cleaned but the rear were the same. So I don't know what to do... I know that the pressure is almost on the front wheels but it should be some on the rear also.

The air could not pass by the bleed screw- it was corked.
B)

Love it

More importantly, from what i can gather you are saying that due to the rust on the rear disc still being there after applying the brake, you are ***uming that the piston is still seized?

Also is your ABS light on on the dash?

Failing that could it be the proportional valve gone bad.

The ABS lignt is working fine. The ABS too. The ***uming was made as discribed on the service manual. Today it is snowing and I just can tell : the brakes are HORRIBLE. It's only the front braking and there is the ABS turning on because the rear side is not working. The car wight is beeing stoped only by the front wheels. In Sunday we was 4 with lugage in the car but I the rear disks were not hot. I understood that there is a hydrolic "regulator" of the pressure. Is it possible to test if it is working? Or to remove it?

PS: sorry for the explication and the bulgarian- english

your best best it to take it to a garage to test the proportional valve, Im pretty sure its not applying enough rear brake bias. it shouldnt cost much to replace and should cost very little if not free to get it checked out.