What's new

Can someone recommend a front grill?

Chriseybaby

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 i-Vtec Ex
One thing that I'm not a fan of on my car is the front grill, do the type S or R have a different grill?

Can anyone recommend something thats not too expensive...

Get a type s one you can swap your honda badge over as they are the same size. See my car pics I have the type s as I didnt like the face full of chrome look.

Get a type s one you can swap your honda badge over as they are the same size. See my car pics I have the type s as I didnt like the face full of chrome look.

Looks good does that mate. My Accord has the chrome trim at the front of the bonnet so I guess one of these grilles would look odd? Are they ludicrously expensive?

I hate the chrome around the front grill, really ages the car IMO. I did consider a vinyl wrap of some colour but can't help thinking it'll look cack. The favourite so far is this: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4432-genuine-euro-r-colour-coded-bonnet-grill-trim/page__hl__chrome+grill

Thanks Monks, would be interested to know how much it set you back....

I got it from HH and IIRC its cost about £120 which includes the colour coded trim bit.

I hate the chrome around the front grill, really ages the car IMO. I did consider a vinyl wrap of some colour but can't help thinking it'll look cack. The favourite so far is this: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4432-genuine-euro-r-colour-coded-bonnet-grill-trim/page__hl__chrome+grill
All I did was order the colour coded grill and bonnet trims to replace the chrome bits, as I had the sports grill to start with the parts were £60 apprx as per my original post look at pics at the end to see what it looks like, these parts will fit your existing grill and bonnet & will improve the look & you can also look for a sports grill from a breakers and fit the colour coded parts to that. Have you got a diesel or petrol model ?

All I did was order the colour coded grill and bonnet trims to replace the chrome bits, as I had the sports grill to start with the parts were £60 apprx as per my original post look at pics at the end to see what it looks like, these parts will fit your existing grill and bonnet & will improve the look & you can also look for a sports grill from a breakers and fit the colour coded parts to that. Have you got a diesel or petrol model ?

I have the petrol. I'm not too bothered about the grill, it's the chrome I'm not that keen on.

The sports grille maybe what you are loooking for....bear in mind Andy has a facelift car so his grille will be slightly different from yours which is the pre facelift version.

For the chrome bit you could get it painted have a look at boomplustoys page and look down it for Euro-r grille

funky power have a facelift mugen grill in stock ready sprayed in graphite grey pearl, no idea of pricing though. Gives you an alternative to the usual type s grill

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/index.php