What's new

car pulls back on hard acceleration?

bhpamzz

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-CTDI
hi guys as above,
what happens is when i put my foot down on my 2.2 diesel it goes most of the time but sometimes it goes and then all of a sudden pulls back (as in power goes) and then it comes back , but when the power comes back it judders almost like its gonna stall, the other morning i took the car out and i let it warm up for a good 5 mins before i left, i put my foot down and the same thing happened but this time the car cut out. i have no idea what it could be?

i have had the car serviced on time, and about 100 miles ago i had the oil, oil filter and air filter changed, the car is on exaclty 72.000 miles now.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks for reading.
amzz

Change the fuel filter, with a genuine Honda one. Fuel starvation.

i will do that as soon as i can and get back to you thanks for the info, i just checked the thread about this, must have missed it when i was searching!! :rolleyes:

Have you a genuine Fuel Filter or after market one.

Were you low on fuel at the time?

Did it do it before it was serviced? Could be air filter wasn't changed and starving the engine. Quick to check.

If you check the fuel filter with no problem? Then, let Honda to check the EGR VALVE, I'm sorry it will cost a lot... Coz my car had exactly the same problem and I've change the EGR, power back to normal..