What's new

Changing clock colours

stephen.murphy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord cdti
Hi I'm looking to change the colour of the clocks in my accord there orange at the moment but like them to be white if possible. And thought I ask here cause I don't really like the orange.
cheers

Im not sure if it can be changed iv nether heard anyone done this yet but i may be wrong.If it can it would be very interesting how.

I would have thought it could be done as the dials in the executive are white instead of the orange you get in the SE or Type S.
are the dials orange when they are not illuminated.?
if they are white it would suggest a coloured led.
failing that you could bust get a cluster from an executive and just change it over. simples.

I would have thought it could be done as the dials in the executive are white instead of the orange you get in the SE or Type S.
are the dials orange when they are not illuminated.?
if they are white it would suggest a coloured led.
failing that you could bust get a cluster from an executive and just change it over. simples.
i did go looking for bulbs or leds but there orange when not illuminated to i found out.
Ya I might try and get an executive clock but is there any problems with changing the clocks?

Not sure if Jav did this. I've seen it before and sure it was for an Accord. I think whoever I'd it just put some coloured film over.

Not sure if Jav did this. I've seen it before and sure it was for an Accord. I think whoever I'd it just put some coloured film over.
Ya i was thinking of putting some sort of film over it but the hands in the clocks are orange to so i think i might try going for the executive one maybe.

Here is a picture of the executive instrument cluster illumination. It would be easier to change the clocks imo.
3416093709_02e2ec34d5_o.jpg

Here is a picture of the executive instrument cluster illumination. It would be easier to change the clocks imo.
3416093709_02e2ec34d5_o.jpg
Cheers crespo, ya it something more like that, that i'm after. just wondering is there any major issues with changing the clocks e.g. the mileage.

Cheers crespo, ya it something more like that, that i'm after. just wondering is there any major issues with changing the clocks e.g. the mileage.

It is easy enough to get the mileage changed and there are a few reputable company's and some not so reputable out there. Just contact any auto electrician and they will point you in the right direction.
Other than the mileage its plug and play.

It is easy enough to get the mileage changed and there are a few reputable company's and some not so reputable out there. Just contact any auto electrician and they will point you in the right direction.
Other than the mileage its plug and play.
o right cheers I'll keep an eye out for a set of clocks so .