What's new

Changing my battery

stever2421

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord icdti
Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but... I just had a big service and the garage suggested I get a new battery, apparently mine had 60% life left in it. Fair enough, so I've bought a Honda battery from Cox motor spares. I was just about to fit it when I remembered about the radio code. I had a quick check through the papers etc, but found where the radio code should be written, the original dealer has just put a line through it. I've searched all over the internet to find whether I will need a code or not, and found conflicting answers, so basically my question is will I need a code for my radio if I change the battery, and will it upset any other electrical systems/devices/ecus... etc etc.. or should it all just be nice and straight forward (like on every other car I've owned!)?

Thanks...

Steve

Don't worry,just change battery.No code.

As Tomas said there are no radio codes on the 7tg gen only the 8th gen.
I'm not sure about earlier gens but someone will no this.

steve. others havent stated this but buy your battery from Honda. its cheaper than anywhere else and its got a 3 year guarantee on it

all honda dealers... if you buy from Honda Holdcroft im sure you get a little more discount too

all honda dealers... if you buy from Honda Holdcroft im sure you get a little more discount too

Well, thanks for all your help people, all done now, stereo is working fine :)

The battery cost £65 including delivery. But I know for other things I need to go straight to Honda, thanks.

steve where arr you in the UK? parts are best to get through Holdcroft or via hendy performance (contact me for more info).

if you remove and reconnect the battery/ or replaced the battery the car will start normally ?

if you remove and reconnect the battery/ or replaced the battery the car will start normally ?
A 7th gen Accord would. Not sure about a Fiesta Mk3... have a look in the manual for info about alarm and radio issues, or ask on a Fiesta forum.