What's new

Check System / ABS

powellste

Members
Reaction score
Car
56AccordSport i-CTDI
56 Reg, Facelift, Tourer Sport, 2.2

I have an Check system message that pops up on the dash display when cranking the engine over, just as the engine starts it changes to Check ABS. No problems indicated with the ABS once the engines running, or anything else, everything works as it should. Anyone else experienced this or anything similar?

Ste :huh:

I get the same mate i nether used to but i think its something to do with the settings on the trip computer.I get it now because i was playing with the settings.

Yep i've seen that occassionally or should I say noticed it occassionally.

don't know why and it has been in for serivices etc since and nothing has been picked up, I seem to remember the book saying somethng like if it stays on for 5 seconds or more.

Again I think in the settings you can set it to give you warnings etc, but i'll need to refer back to the handbook. Have you been adjusting the settings on the computer i.e where you can set the speed alarm etc?

Oh and by the way welcome along to the forum Ste.

Thanks. Had a go at messing with the settings on the dash, i've not had the car long so never been through the menus. Since i reset it to factory settings i've not had the messages pop up once in a week. Turned on the warning messages option too.

Well well, after yesterdays post the message has come back! Only once today flashed up exactly the same as before. Guess its some bug in the dash computer or something similar, will just have to live with it. Rather annoying!

Well well, after yesterdays post the message has come back! Only once today flashed up exactly the same as before. Guess its some bug in the dash computer or something similar, will just have to live with it. Rather annoying!

Ah you see, that was clearly tempting fate!