What's new

CJ You are not alone

Theaccordman

Members
Reaction score
Car
79 Accord 73 Civic
This car has just come up for sale out of the blue.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C242952#

2187272.jpg

2187278.jpg

2187274.jpg

2187276.jpg

Well CJ what can we say. Expensive but very nice.

Lovely to see a car like this in prime condition.

I've emailed the garage to request more images. And told them about the website, me and CJ's 1st gens

Lets see what happens with this one.

I hope it ends up in a museum and not with a doofus who'd park it outside. I just don't have 4k to buy it.

nice find indeed. So who's got the oldest 1st gen then? I'm sure CJ's is older right?

Looks just like CJ's

CJ's is the oldest. I think his is an October 77, mine has got the lowest miles and original paint. DVLA says there is only 2 of my type of Accord road legal and one on a sorn. 1979 3DGM My car is a May 79 so about an 18 month gap between us

They are both excellent in their own way. CJ's car is great.

CJ in my eyes your car is the better one, love the exhaust system on yours

I don't agree with 1800 it's well documented and about 3000-3500 pounds.

I'm going to wait for an early saloon to buy.

Cheers bud The exhaust on my car is now ubber quite after getting the timing spot on no more popping and overrun pops. do get the occasional one but the car is quite as stock.

its only after 70 MPH you get a nice growl ;)
Nice, a back fire every nnow and then is always good :D

I just have to add, I've seen CJ's car in the flesh pre-restoration and even at that stage it was very nice indeed. The ineterior was spotless. Now that its had a full spray it will look even better. Can't wait to see it again

We could by this as a TA timeshare club car. :lol:

People are paying more for that era's bikes....

Very true... :D

am I going mental or does this thread not make total sense?

there's a really early civic around Leigh, there are pictures on retro rides of a meet nearby.

Don't worry Laura - there are lots of threads were some posts were lost - this has meant a lot have lost their context - as well as useful diagrams.

John Wilkins used to be a Honda dealer and I remember seeing this car many times over the years when we used to get the family Accord serviced there when I was a kid. Loved this car, it was mint and a classic!