What's new

Clock 2022 issue - a possible workaround.

silverman166

Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-dtec EX-T 2010
I've created this as a new post in order to alleviate frustration caused by trawling through the numerous posts on this issue, not knowing how else to draw attention to it. I appreciate that many people may just choose to live with the 1 hour error until it get's sorted, but here is a temporary workaround for those who find it annoying - but do please note my comments at the end of this article.

Incidentally having spoken to Honda in Doncaster UK, who advise me that the issue of the clock showing one hour ahead of time and the date being incorrect was caused by a GPS update, and that they will phone me when Honda have worked out what can be done about the problem. I have no reason to distrust this advice. I note that others have also received similar comments from Honda.

In the meantime, based on a tip from another forum, I came up with the following, which I must stress apparently worked OK for me, but for which I offer no guarantee of success or that no unseen damage may have occurred in using it, doubtful as it may seem.

Basically, it merely involves disconnecting the battery, with the ignition off, then reconnecting at exactly 1pm followed immediately by switching on the ignition. This results in the clock on the radio displaying 1.00. Delaying until later than 1pm will result in the clock starting from 1.00 regardless, so do ensure you do it at 1.00. After this you will need to re-insert the radio code, and set the language and units required for the GPS ie metric or imperial.

There is a downside which may prevent you from doing this, in that after the process the clock is in 24 hour mode, and therefore will be 12 hours out eg 7.00am displays 19.00!! At least that was what I found, and subsequently attempting to reset the mode in settings would not work.

It is quite likely that performing the procedure at 1.00am would correct the issue, but I have not yet stayed up that late to try it.!

Having read through this you may well conclude that it's easier to remember the clock is just 1 hour ahead, and not bother!!

Thanks anyway for reading if you've got this far.

Thanks so much for creating this thread. I initially suspected it could have been my own car that had the issue, good to know it is on the GPS. Does anybody else have tried the workaround?