What's new

Clutch line air ingress...

2v50

Reaction score
Car
Mk7 Tourer 2.2 I-CDT
Hi all,
Master cylinder went on my 2008 I-cdti.
Replaced it, still had problems, mechy said slave was gone as well - replaced also.
Master is pagid from ECP...
Slave is TRW boxed but nissin marked.
No leaks, no idea where air is getting in but it won't reverse bleed for love nor money, vacuum bleeding just pulls through crazy amounts of air, and manually bleeding with a bit of hose , bottle and an 1 way valve gets air, constantly. Many many tiny bubbles, with very occasional big ones.
It's actually gotten worse with replacing the slave! It was lasting 2 days before becoming almost unusable but it managed all of 6 miles and 2 hours last night - and today it simply won't bleed enough to disengage the clutch properly.
Any ideas on where on earth the air is getting in without fluid getting out ?
I'm at a total loss along with everyone I know, this car has become more of a nightmare than my Peugeots were at this point - and I'm almost totally reliant on the car!

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Well, I found the fault.

The new Pagid master... failed entirely. Fluid everywhere out the back of it.
Moral of the story, don't buy pagid parts...?

PAGID parts are ok, master cylinders in general are a pain in the arse, ive had a few genuine units fail while installing

Fair - only encountered them through ECP. New blueprint one in - took an age to bleed but it seems to be working - still tiny bubbles, almost like the fluid is contaminated. But better than the one that failed, which prior to that was endless larger bubbles! Remains to be seen if the amount of air in the system is still increasing - guess I'll find out soon enough...
The line directly above the union with the master has become a squiggle...
If anyone has suggestions on where to source a reasonable replacement line, they'd be appreciated. I can see that being the next port of call for this car.

Totally forgot to update this - the apparent air in system was a total dud.

The clutch itself had failed - no slipping, just a spongey, sticky pedal!