What's new

Clutch Pedal Advice

rob141274

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-cdti sport
Hi again,

After some advice please, Had my Accord now for a couple of months and when I bought it from the dodgy dealer the clutch was slipping so he told me he replaced the clutch, anyway, was sitting in some stop/start traffic last night and noticed that i could feel a clicking when putting the clutch down, and when I turned the radio off I could here it clicking as well. I know it sounds strange to say I could feel it clicking but hope you understand what I mean?

Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be and whether I need to worry? I didnt mention I have never noticed this before sitting in the traffic yesterday.

Thanks

Don't panic, common probelm ........... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/86-clutch-pedal-creakclick/

Yep he is right :)

the creaking noise is easily sorted with molykote grease, thats the easy bit.
im still lumbered with the clicking on noise while pressing down and releasing the clutch.
any idea on how to sort that??

the creaking noise is easily sorted with molykote grease, thats the easy bit.
im still lumbered with the clicking on noise while pressing down and releasing the clutch.
any idea on how to sort that??

Get in the footwell and have a look. Is it the cruise control switch operating causing the click?

Get in the footwell and have a look. Is it the cruise control switch operating causing the click?

my mechanic sorted the creaking no problem, but was stumped with the click, he reckoned it may be the cc switch,
ill have to ask him. any thoughts on sorting this click?

Hi.

Thanks for all the advice.

Abit confused as to whether my problem is the cruise control swith or the master cylinder though???

Interesting though that when I drove the car this morning it wasnt there, but then came back again on the way home, seems to be more noticable when hot?

Hi.

Thanks for all the advice.

Abit confused as to whether my problem is the cruise control swith or the master cylinder though???

Interesting though that when I drove the car this morning it wasnt there, but then came back again on the way home, seems to be more noticable when hot?

try the molokye in the cyclinder first, mine used to creak more once it had warmed up

try the molokye in the cyclinder first, mine used to creak more once it had warmed up

Mine does this too - my local agent put it down to the master clutch cylinder....keep it greased. Nothing wrong, just ******** annoying. Not worth spending a small fortune to replace the part. Live with it and keep the cash in your pocket :) Could always turn up the stero so you can't hear it :lol: