What's new

Clutch pedal gets stuck halfway while driving

R3H4N

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CN1
Just noticed an issue with the clutch pedal,while driving and pressing the clutch at times the pedal stays down,i wouldn't say all the way down but just before the biting point which i have to pull back up with my foot to get it back to its normal place,clutch is fine,doesn't affect the drive either,Has anyone else come across this or know what it can be? iv also checked the clutch fluids all topped up as should be,any help/advice would be appreciated

No idea myself, only thing I can think of is an issue with the master or slave, or maybe the DMF system.

Jon_G said:
Any vibration?

Hopefully it'll just be the pedal pivot or cylinder, rather than the pressure plate.
Nope there no vibrations or any usual signs of it being something major

This is a rare problem. I guess you'll just have to blindly begin investigating, I suggest removing the clutch master cylinder and checking it out, also checking out the clutch pedal/arm movement while it's off.

Just had a play around and a closer look at the clutch pedal and noticed movement from this plate (golden coloured),is it normal for it to move when pressing and releasing the clutch? its not completely wobbling or free but there's a slight bit of play in it

If it's the plate I'm thinking of, then it sounds like it's causing the pedal to get into a position, such that the rod (that goes from the pedal into the master cylinder) gets jammed

managed to get a pic,this is the plate mentioned in my above post
iPhone_photo_SP_14193969.png

Pretty sure that shouldn't move, so probably it's cracked or a weld has failed.

I do now vaguely recollect someone else on another Honda forum having a similar problem with his CL9. I'll contact him.

Jon_G said:
Pretty sure that shouldn't move, so probably it's cracked or a weld has failed.

I do now vaguely recollect someone else on another Honda forum having a similar problem with his CL9. I'll contact him.
Thank you,i really appreciate all the help bud, thats what i ***umed too

I had this problem a few times I replaced clutch master cylinder and cracked pedal to cure

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

A quick tip make sure you bleed with vacuum pump or one way valve gravity bleeding does not work on clutch ensure you also push in slave to bleed that part as well

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk