What's new

Cruise control not working

Connor

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0i ex
Hi my cruise control wont come on on my 04 accord. It flicked off the other day when i hit a pothole but was working after that. Now it wont come on at all.
Any one had this before or any ideas what to start looking at first.

Thanks

I'm sure someone will have experienced this before and be along to help but from others posts the most common culprit involves abs and vsa issues whereby the car will not allow cruise to engage. The only other thing I can think of other than a dodgy switch or sensor would be a sticking brake calliper. If none of the wheels feel hot to the touch after driving then probably best to get the car scanned with an HDS tool.

The switch on brake or clutch pedal, can be cleaned off but probably worth buying a new one. as for lights, does the cruise main light illuminate at all?

Cheers. None of the wheels are hot after a motor way journey. Yes the main light comes on then when i press set sometimes it works sometimes it dosent. When it does it randomly turns off

Mr Honda said:
The switch on brake or clutch pedal, can be cleaned off but probably worth buying a new one. as for lights, does the cruise main light illuminate at all?
This - the clutch/brake switch activates randomly as it needs to be cleaned/replaced. You don't see any lights on the dash as it looks like you've hit the brake (electrically speaking) and thus CC get disabled. Obviously when driving you don't see the brake lights or notice the clutch switch.

Give both a clean and try again.

Hi There,

As the other members have said, do you get the green light when cc is on, if you cannot activate it seems that pothole disturbed the brake or clutch switch depending on your model you may have 1 or 2 switches on clutch. You need to ensure they are not being pressed. The cruse control is looking for the clutch and brake pedal to be in the up position and will cut off cc when either one is pressed, if they are not correctly aligned or faulty the cc will not activate.

We get this on our Accord, When you're out and about next, put your foot under the brake pedal and pull it towards you, and try your cruise again.

We have to do that everytime we want to use cruise, I did have a play with the little pressure sensor on the pedal which did seem to sort the issue.

The brake or clutch pedal sensor needs to be adjusted so that the cruise control knows both pedals are up.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk