What's new

DAB/Touch Screen/TV and use AC.

Just come across this aftermarket Chinese unit, has anyone bought one?

Only just got my Accord but have looked at a few head units via You Tube, they seem straight forward fitting and seem to do what they say on the tin.

Just come across this aftermarket Chinese unit, has anyone bought one?

I bought one a few months ago from Aliexpress (https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/33051024830.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.56977ee8DqffRH&algo_pvid=9f97f56f-b036-4eeb-97e4-f78df74fca8b&algo_expid=9f97f56f-b036-4eeb-97e4-f78df74fca8b-0&btsid=0bb0623116016778955163899eee28&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_),

I guess it's similar to the one you are looking at. Only varies on RAM and ROM. My version is 2GB/32GB.

The installation is pretty straight forward, the unit usually comes with all connectors and it's basically plug and play.

It's a big upgrade from the OEM unit (whether it's SAT/NAV or the most simple radio unit) with a lot of features. The plastic quality (buttons and trim) is not the best but for the price ...

There where only 2 issues with my unit:

Fitment - If you have the simple radio unit you are fine, but If you have the SAT/NAV unit the upper vent plastic piece (with the small lcd screen) will have a small gap like this:

I think if you have the storage cubby beneath, it will also have a small gap but it's not as noticeable.

Audio - My CL9 had the Premium Sound System from factory, and I had to by-pass the amp because the sound was being amplified 2 times (one by the chinese radio unit and one by the OEM amplifier) and was causing a parasite sound (at least I think that was the problem, you might not encounter this). The installation was like this:

Because I removed the amp, I had to make a DIY crossover for the tweeters with a 3.3uF 100V capacitor. Images below:

Also installed the backup camera and so far everything works fine. No problems with A/C.

P.S.-Could not upload the images in the post, they where too large :rolleyes: .

Just fitted this into my CM2. Facia with new HVAC unit from Connects2 and then a kenwood 8019 with wireless car play.

That looks clean. Good job!

I just think they should switch the AC unit to the bottom and the android unit in an upper position. With this change I'm talking, they could enlarge the android screen. Just an opinion.

Hi all, great fit looks awesome!

I have a 2.2 CTDI 2007, im looking on ebay for similair but tells me its not compatible with diesels? Is there anything similair for diesel owners at all? Has anyone tried?

thanks!

Is it possible to fit the OEM Navigation unit from the Accord 7th gen to the same car that has the regular unit?

Is it possible to fit the OEM Navigation unit from the Accord 7th gen to the same car that has the regular unit?

If you have a non nav car then aside from the headunit you would also need the GPS anteena and such (maybe more for the audio side as well). I have the nav unit in mine and while it's all nice and big (it's basically a heavily disguised Apline form the time), the maps were last updated pre 2010 so are massively inaccurate especially in the major cities. Maps from the later cars are in a totally different format as the newer cars had different headunits. Also they lack any mods cons such as bluetooth audio input unless you have the an adpater to plug into the external CD changer unit.

You'll be better off saving your sheckles and going down the connect 2 faceplate route above, I will once I've overhauled my brakes.

If you have a non nav car then aside from the headunit you would also need the GPS anteena and such (maybe more for the audio side as well). I have the nav unit in mine and while it's all nice and big (it's basically a heavily disguised Apline form the time), the maps were last updated pre 2010 so are massively inaccurate especially in the major cities. Maps from the later cars are in a totally different format as the newer cars had different headunits. Also they lack any mods cons such as bluetooth audio input unless you have the an adpater to plug into the external CD changer unit.

You'll be better off saving your sheckles and going down the connect 2 faceplate route above, I will once I've overhauled my brakes.

thanks Buddy

Been looking into it and having a double din fitted below the original radio/aircon unit seems to be a great option, it'll give me android auto as well as DAB radio & bluetooth, its not cheap though (been quoted £700 for the unit plus fitting) but I think that's the route I'll most likely take