What's new

De cat pipe for 1.8 6th gen, anybody any ideas

Dalerobert

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 vtec sport
Been thinking about changing the manifold and got thinking about de cating it at the same time anybody any ideas where i can purchase one or even if they do them for my model,cheers

I remember one of the lads making one on here, but i have seen adjustable ones (length ways) on ebay at some point.

Yeah ive seen those i found a place in germany what does cat bypass pipes dont know if they do the same thing theres plenty for the civic but nothing for the accord

I've been thinking about this too but how do you get around the cel code from the missing o2?

there is cat sensor bypass thing on market too.
Something like this
o2-simulator-big-daddies.gif

Quite simple extender just with very small hole in middle

Thank

Linas said:
there is cat sensor bypass thing on market too.
Something like this
o2-simulator-big-daddies.gif

Quite simple extender just with very small hole in middle
Thanks you life saver! I'm getting a CEL code for O2 sensor after a garage bodged up the O2 and the cat, so will get one of these.

Do as i done and by a cat bypass.. Posted a link on another thread... Or get an exhaust place to make you a decat pipe up with a spacer for the o2.. Option 3? Remove you cat and smash the insides out it which then becomes the same as a cat bypass

Nope mate.. The cat bypass is basically the shape of the cat.. Just no baffles lol for proper decat you would needy get a pipe with flanges and spacer for o2 sensor made up as no one currently makes them for the 1.8 off the shelf mate

Nope mate.. The cat bypass is basically the shape of the cat.. Just no baffles lol for proper decat you would needy get a pipe with flanges and spacer for o2 sensor made up as no one currently makes them for the 1.8 off the shelf mate

Have you got yours on yet fella if so whats it like for sound and any more pulling power??

Mines is on.. Feels alot more responsive.. Still got backbox to go on (ran out of time during lunchbreak) lol theres deffo more noise.. Am thinking ofchanging it out again and making a decat pipe up.. I want me some better pops and wee flames lol

Haha my mot is due in may so im going to put one on after that still need to get my 3.5" jap style on the car that will look and hope sound awsome haha

Yeh but youll need pipe work out the backbox done to get it onto the centre section mate as the bend that usually comes out the backbox wont be there lol

haha, i agree with Sim lol,
my love affair has always been my cars lol
My Mrs hates it but, Tuff lol

Lol its not all that bad wedding is in may so once the wedding and the mot are done the back boxs will be on decat it and change the manifold

u can just get another CAT for your car n smash the internals out on it.. this way if u get pulled for the noise.. they look under there see it still has a cat.. ive got a full stainless cat back on mine. i have a silencer n the cat still fitted n working and i still set off car alarms... i think its close to 100db from my exhaust.. i had my music tested at at about 100Db at max n i can just hear the exhaust when i have my music turned up..... god knows what it be like when i get a 4-2-1 manifold for it lol

The decat you can buy is basically the same as a cat with no internals lol looks like a car but it ant.. And at 36 quid its alot cheaper than buying a real cat and smashing the internals out of lol am changing mine anyways to a de cat pipe let it flow better with the exhaust