What's new

difference between 8th gen and 7th gen interior sizes

millar

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord 2.4 ex
Hi all
after 10 wonderful years of owning my 2005 2.4 vtec ex saloon some lovely female who was probably on her phone decided to park her car into the rear end of mines whilst I was sitting waiting to cross over a road into a side street thus ending its days on the road so I decided to try and find a replacement and wanted to know is there a difference between the two models interior space in the back seating area as the 8th gen looks to have less room in the back compared to the 7th gen , also ive heard about the EX problems with the sunroof and wondered if this affects all years of 8th gen EX models or was it sorted in later years and does anyone have pictures of the problem
thanks

The 8th gen Tourer has less rear space compared to the 7th Gen, I believe the saloon and tourer are the same.
Its wider though and has significantly better handling than the 7th Tourer,
Tourer 7th is a much more practical car, the 8th has better handling and a better ride but slightly less rear space and a smaller boot.
I didn't want any sunroof hassle so I opted to get a Type S which doesn't have one. :)

thanks bounder for your reply yeah the sunroof thing is putting me off the EX slightly I just hate buying cars nothing worse than buying someone elses problems

I agree with Bounder. 7th Gen tourer boot was brilliant. 8th Gen is fine, but not nearly as good. I have this diagram on my phone (for when considering whether I can fit stuff in my 8th Gen boot)

It doesn't strike me that there is a lot of difference in passenger space, though I've not compared side-by-side.

ES GT has no sunroof either ;)

When I was looking there were just about no manual EXs to be had, which is fine if you're an auto fan. Do a search on TA first though, some have found MPG disproportionally poor on autos.

thanks Matt
I can live with an auto plus there isn't many manual out there infact I cannot find one for sale only autos , I did test drive a 10 plate today it was a good car to drive though I never knew anything about the sunroof rust problem so never checked it but I did notice on the passenger rear door at the bottom corner the small rubber stopper did have some rust and paint bubbling around it whilst none on the others

According to Parkers site:

8th gen saloon
Luggage Capacity 467 litres

7th gen saloon
Luggage Capacity 459 litres

The biggest loss of space is in the tourer/estate model, 8th gen having only 406 litres compared to the 7th gen with 626 litres.

thanks stellamon for your reply, its more the rear passenger room in the saloon i was wondering about though boot space is also important to me too

I know the feeling about trying to find a 2.4 with a manual, took me many months before I found my CU2.

Having had both the CL7 and CU2, the CU2 is smaller in the back and it's quite noticeable, can't comment on boot space as I rarely use the boot.

thanks uncle for your reply , yeah the smaller space in back could be a problem as family loved the space in the other one oh god I hate buying cars lol