What's new

disc/pads size and shape for mk8 front?

cheeky

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Saloon
Just having parking sensors fitted by a local guy, he rang up warning me that he could see the front pads are down to the backing

The car is new to us and i havent had a look yet (its still having sensors fitted) but a quick google shows up either 296 or 320mm discs and different pads for the 2008-onwards accord. The pads available have 2 shapes, either high lugs or low lugs. If you look here it shows lots of options for the 2.2 http://www.apecbraking.co.uk/catalogue/frictionParts/range/632404

Searched and found a DIY guide but can anyone shed any light to what i want?? - its a 59 plate Jan 2010 tourer dtec.... Ive also read pads have squealers, so we havent heard anything yet so maybe he is over reacting as it was only MOT'd last month/700m ago!

Using the part number: 45251TL1G00 from 2009 iDTEC I recently worked on, its showing they are 296mmX25mm, if you want me to double check please P.M your registration number ;)

As far as I no the 8th gen type S diesel and the 2.4 petrol has the larger disks and pads.
They both have front twin pistons on the calipers

Yes the slightly more sporty among us get the bigger ones :lol: for reference part number: 45251TL0G50 320mmX32mm ;)

You got it baby speed means more braking power