What's new

DIY - Changing satnav Satellite navigation splash screen

alnug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF S
ok I finally cracked it...This should work for European Accords as well. I didn't do the whole thing myself! most of the bits were around but just didn't properly configure the data for european and UK cars. Files needed were Bysin and 8to16. 8to16 needed to be modified to make it work otherwise all you get is a black screen.

I'll add to this thread in due course with pics

EDIT: I'll upload Nachack.rar on request

The directions are very similar to ones given here but you have to use my 8to16uk in place of 8to16 Sat nav screen hack ...many props to Guicide who first did this!

Does this work on the v3 Sat Nav in 2006 Accords? Wouldn't might giving this a go ...
Depends which version you are referring to, for v3.40 more work is needed, for this version you also have to extract HMIManager.dll, and do some code changing here. Also you can't just load those 6 files onto a CD or single layer DVD to boot the SATNAV before putting your original disk back in, it checks for a dual layer DVD. But of course with knowledge it can be done.

I don''t know the directory structure of 3.4 so can't say, email me the directory structure and can tell you.

3.40 is copy protected, so you have to remove that before you can do anything else

Alan, would you mind sending me the neccessary files? Going to give this ago, looks pretty straight forward. Will PM you my email address.

Cheers,
Gaz