What's new

Dog Guard - does it fit ALL tourers?

gwrdonnelly

Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
First post, so take it easy on me!

I was thinking of buying an original Honda Dog Guard, so I can load up the boot higher without risk of it spilling over onto the kids in the back.

Do I need to look for anything specific inside the car to attach the dog guard to, or does it just bolt onto the rear seats? Sorry to sound naive, I have never had one before (no dog for starters!)

If it helps I have a Type S, 2004 model Tourer.

G.

I've not got one yet but I've been looking into them and there are some clip things in the headlining it fastens into (I believe the clips are standard on the Executive model not sure how the bottom fastens in, hopefully someone will be along with some more info) I dare say they will come with the dog guard if you buy it new but if you buy a second hand one then you can buy the clips from a Dealer and you get a template so you know where to cut the headlining.

Have you priced up a new one? I saw the seperation nets on ebay they where new but about £80 think it was a dealer selling them.

I've got to 4 clips in the headlining of my poverty spec Tourer.

Looks like its a futile idea then, as my Type S Tourer does not have any extra fittings in the headliner - and I don't think I want to go carving it up trying to locate the fixings beneath - has anyone ever done this?

Thanks for your help and very quick responses...

From what I understand you get a template to put in place so you know where to cut the holes and then in the kit you get the plastic things that go into the headlining.

Thanks for your help, I found a link to Lings Honda parts elsewhere on this site (thank you to whomever posted it) and after some time deduced that this is the part for the roof fitting NET HOOK *NH220L*

Spoke with Michael from Lings and he confirmed the part, and whilst not available in the UK, it is in Europe so will be with me within a week.

Will keep you posted on fitting them, when I get hold of them!

08U3503.jpg

PS - That website is fantastic with all those exploded diagrams! Very handy...

So what have you bought then? Have you got a dog guard or did you get the Seperation Net http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=08U3502&block_03=449 I did see the seperation net on ebay a while ago it never sold and I cant find it again.

I have managed to get hold of the Metal Dog Guard for £20 from an ex-honda accord friend! He's had it sat around in his garage for sometime, so made him an offer! Fingers crossed it works out - otherwise it will be on evilbay shortly!

Fingers crossed and if it's no good for you pm me :(

Fitted mine yesterday, thanks for that part number :p Must admit I was a bit worried taking the stanley knife to the head lining must have checked about 5 times before cutting the hole out. Doesn't take long to fit anyway so all good :p