What's new

Door Lock Query

Joeytaffy93

Reaction score
Car
Kia Ceed
Hi all,

Having had my Accord now since May and being quite happy with the purchase, there is one thing that annoys me greatly.

When I unlock the car, it only does the drivers door first, is there a way to disable this so that it unlocks all doors at once? It annoys me greatly, as silly as it is.

Every other car I've had previously, be it a BMW or Mazda, I've been able to change the setting. Surely this can be done on the Honda?

Thanks!

P.s., if it makes a difference, mine is a 2012 Honda Accord ES GT.

I’ve got an 8th gen 2008 tourer and don’t think it’s possible to change, however, it’s a security feature that may be useful in the right circumstances. Means the baddies can’t hop in through the passenger door :D

Just asked the mrs and she says it annoys her a bit too, so you’re not the only one!

I’ve got an 8th gen 2008 tourer and don’t think it’s possible to change, however, it’s a security feature that may be useful in the right circumstances. Means the baddies can’t hop in through the passenger door :D

Yes, other sites confirm this cannot be individually adapted by software/reprogramming.

But there might be a supplier of aftermarket keyfobs that could programme the button to send two commands in sequence.

Thanks for the replies all. I thought that it may be a case of living with it! Nevermind, I shall just have to remember to unlock twice when needs must. :p