What's new

Drive shafts

Kaput!

Reaction score
Car
04 accord tourer 2.0
Developed a knock im pretty sure is drive shaft related so looking to source replacements for both sides.Can anyone with experience of replacing these recommend.My tourer has the 2.0 petrol engine with automatic transmission (k20a6-CM1).
Im not looking for cheap n nasty for this fix due to reading tales of woe about some.That said they wont be honda neither lol heard there are decent quality options such as blueprint but finding few shafts for the auto.Any help/links and part numbers much appreciated.

Just wondering is it possible that the CV joints need regreasing thus curing knock? Read it elsewhere maybe someone has done this? No split boot but could grease still dry out/thin after 18 years?

I bought genuine Honda second hand from eBay. If you're choosy you can get decent one. Might be worth getting a garage to diagnose the fault first though if you're not sure it's definitely that.

I bought genuine Honda second hand from eBay. If you're choosy you can get decent one. Might be worth getting a garage to diagnose the fault first though if you're not sure it's definitely that.
Yeah i wasn't convinced it was a driveshaft so went over everything again.Found my OS outer tie rod has a lot of movement in it meaning i can rotate the entire rod at least 20°.Also discovered a lot of play in wheel when off the floor so fair to say inner tie rod worn out.Explains the clunking at low speed when driving dead straight...tie rods will be under no pressure in this instance means joints will move causing my clunk.
Ordered meyle inner/outer for both sides and will fit myself as it looks easy enough with anti roll bar swung out the way.