What's new

Driving Abroad

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Guys,

Do any of you know where the headlight markers go for driving in france at night? I will be making the long trip to Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez on Friday night, i rang Honda after not finding a thing in the manual and the lights have zero markers on them and they pretty much said figure it out yourself as Honda don't list such data??????

Help would be nice maybe with a pic!

you'll get instruction with them, but if not, point your car on flat surface, turn your headlights on so you'll see the where is the edge between light and shadow and then just move the sticker on the headlamps until you have blacked out the part of the beam which goes up to the left. You want to have a flat horizontal line for both headlamps, above the line it is to be darkness. ;)

You should get instructions in the packet. If you look at your lights, you'll see a small circle on the lens.

If I remember correctly, you only need the circular part of the beam deflector and you stick it just to the right of the circle on the lens. This is the same for both driver and passenger side.

Cheers Guys.

Had a fab time over in France, I made the effort to stick on the lens covers but never required as I never drove at night. There is no markings on my headlamps for placing the stickers so I opted for the park close the garage door at night and mark the stickers.

The car only managed a crude 29.8 mpg with 3 adults, one child, bike rack and 2 bike plus the good French speed limits of 130kph.

_DSC28791.jpg