What's new

DRL's

Schwarzi

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 Accord Tourer
Fitted the DRL module today. Well its just a plug & play anyway.
Looks good and works a treat :) I adjusted it to 25% its bright enough but maybe try 40% & see if I get 'blinked' by others :lol:

I don't like these LED ones (looks like a xmas tree) so this option with the Full beams is brilliant.

Also got the 'coming home' function in case I park somewhere dark.

Some quick pics sorry for the quality need to get the proper camera out.

Pic 1
Pic 2

More info on this would be great.
Can't see the pictures. Where did you bought the DRL module?

Thanks.

Cant see the pics either. :(

The links dont work? Mmm sorry but I am not on those pic sites.

Basically its a module which plugs into the fusebox and uses the dimmed full beams as DRL's. Like on the currant VW's & some Audis without LED strips.

Its from a german website which only is in german :(

They go on with the engine and will go off as soon as the headlights are turned on.

Uwe Jav tried this mod i think but then took then off.Try and get some photos up mate.

I think he means like this lads. Not the LED (audi) type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVF5eAG5GTg

More like this one on that ***** Golf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PTR_NOdNE

They had a sale on 50% a month ago :(

Also its not some cheap ebay s*** there is also 2 years warranty

sorry, but from my point of view, DRL's are meant to be bright because, well they're used during the day.
wink.gif
by restricting the voltage onto the main beam, which scatters the light into a wide arc, into a very warm almost yellow light - don't see the point. May as well just turn on your dipped beam....

Yes, it's great because it's model specific.
Let's hope they put it on sale again.

sorry, but from my point of view, DRL's are meant to be bright because, well they're used during the day.
wink.gif
by restricting the voltage onto the main beam, which scatters the light into a wide arc, into a very warm almost yellow light - don't see the point. May as well just turn on your dipped beam....

You can adjust this 40% on Osram Nightbreakers gives a good light even during the day.

With that mode & DRL's the rearlights are off as well as it saves the Xenon's & saves power too.

If you see the currant golf it has the DRL's in the Full beam integrated.