What's new

Drone

Timberfake

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord v-tec s
So had car in the garage before crimbo and said I can here a noise sounds like bearing so asked them to check they said rear passanger needed changing and a seized caliper so had them changed but the noise is still there.. no vibration so not thinking drive shaft and doesn't get louder on cornering only on speed the garage did say could be road noise from three which are prada spec 2 also I'm pretty sure the tracking needs to be done as it was aligned by Demon tweeks but steering wheel is not straight any more and car wants to go to the left when I let go do you think this could be causing it.. any ideas are helpful..

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

What brand of tyres do you have? cheapo budgets are known to cause droning noises (from personal experience), can make you chase your tail at bearings and all sorts. Saying that I find Bridgestone a noisy tyre and don't like them, only have two as they came on the car and too much life left in them yet but they are nosier than my Avons. Even my tyre man says Bridgestones are not that great, tend to need more balancing weight he finds.

Regarding alignment I would only ever recommend a full geometry alignment these days not the old skool laser pointer that many outfits don't even know how to use or read. The full geo alignment machines like the Hunter are not cheap, usually a full four wheel setting at a reputable outfit that knows how to use the machine will set you back about £70-£80 (don't go to quickie fittie whatever you do).

They are Yokohama prada spec 2... there is a garage near me that I know had a good 4 wheel alignment tillage set up just before crimbo and they had training in it so it might be a case of giving it a go...

Timberfake said:
They are Yokohama prada spec 2... there is a garage near me that I know had a good 4 wheel alignment tillage set up just before crimbo and they had training in it so it might be a case of giving it a go...

OK, I wouldn't expect Yoko's to be noisy then. Still ight be worth a swap around front to back to see what happens unless you already did that.
Then if nothings sticking yea I guess one would look at bearings, shafts etc.

ScoobyDoo said:
OK, I wouldn't expect Yoko's to be noisy then. Still ight be worth a swap around front to back to see what happens unless you already did that.
Then if nothings sticking yea I guess one would look at bearings, shafts etc.
Had the garage check bearings... and seemed this morning that it doesn't get louder with speed or direction and no vibrations.. ill get tracking done and see from there..

Could this be maybe stuck sliders as all pads look good from outside but lately had brake squeel when braking not to hard...