What's new

DS Electric window won't close

darrenspragg

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel Tourer
HI
I have 55 plate tourer exec - my DS electric window switch is playing up. It opens fully when flick it down but then when I flick it to fully close it pops up a couple of inches then reverse straight back down! It is taking me a few goes to get it to close - not good when I have to open window to get into work car park several times a day!

help please.

Had similar problems with my old audi - it may be just a case of cleaning the window runs behind the door cards or the windows holders needs replacing.

mine did this once. exactly the same symptoms.

it has never done it since touch wood but I will be keeping an eye on this thread with interest.
have you tryed a bit of wd40 around the window frame.

guys there is already a thread on this sorry im on mobile so can't post the link.have a search in faults it might be there

Here you go - http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/2199-window-problem/

read link, thanks. my window was a bit squeeky before so maybe it is auto opening because too stiff - where are you spraying - in the window frame itself or taking door trim off to spray rails/runners inside door?
will try the other reset method as well....
thanks!

HI
I have 55 plate tourer exec - my DS electric window switch is playing up. It opens fully when flick it down but then when I flick it to fully close it pops up a couple of inches then reverse straight back down! It is taking me a few goes to get it to close - not good when I have to open window to get into work car park several times a day!

help please.

Sounds a familar trait...got that T-shirt ;) luckily I had it sorted when car went for a service. Main dealer had everything cleaned/greased etc - fine since. :)