What's new

ECU P0602 Error Code - No start on 2006 i-CTDi

AndyBick

Reaction score
Car
2006 Accord iCTDi Ex
Hi all,

2006 i-CTDi with 125k has been sat on a driveway for 4 years - it was started every few months however began to struggle with firing.
I replaced the diesel filter with a genuine bosch and now it fails to start - will crank but no signs of firing.
Additionally Torque + Bluetooth OBD reader is giving me a P0602 – Engine control module (ECM) - programming error which cannot be cleared - i understand it can be reflashed or replaced.

1) VSA is always on and cannot be removed even when using the ABS / VSA reset process on the OBD pins.
2) ABS comes on whenever the brake pedal is touched - ABS reset also doesnt seem to work as above.
3) Airbag light also illuminates but not consistently.
4) Green key icon is always flashing even if key is in the car.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

1) Wheres the location of the ECU in these models - i was looking to source a replacement ECU from ebay and have it programmed?
2) if it is the ECU, can i simply swap the EEPROM across to avoid having it re-programmed or can anyone here help remotely?
3) If the green key led is flashing is that indicating an immobiliser fault? could this be a source of the non starting issue?
4) Is there a list of diagnosis i can do at home as DIY? - i dont have a HDS tool.

Thanks - Andy

Have a look immediately behind the offside headlight, the main connector may have become corroded and faces forwards.

Have a look immediately behind the offside headlight, the main connector may have become corroded and faces forwards.

Thanks, are you referring to this connector?

Do I need to remove the headlight to access?thanks

Attachments

• 20210831_093553.jpg
    20210831_093553.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 11
It sounds like your battery needs a good charge, the mechanical pump may not be pushing the fuel far enough up the pipes. Try opening one of the injector pipes to see if any diesel comes out while cranking.

There is a manual pump on the bulkhead on my 2005 tourer, do you have something similar ?