What's new

emergency accord help

Swallow

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord mk7 ctdi ex
Hey all - not looked in here for a while as my Accord Tourer has been behaving itself recently (other than power steering hose leak, cooler replacement and new radiator last week)

Today, whilst blatting down a dual carriageway - massive "Bang" like a shotgun and my drivers side passenger window shattered into a thousand pieces! Nothing was overtaking me, so it was either something thrown across from the opposite carriageway or "something mysterious". Anyhow, dog in back was OK and I limped the last few miles home.

I have stripped down the door just now (door card off) and have vacuumed out all the glass from within the door.

What I would like to know is - has anyone replaced a passenger glass/window?

Is there any special way of getting it into the aperture?

Also is anyone aware of any difference in passenger windows between facelift and pre-facelift MK7 Accord tourer?

I can pick one up from a breakers tomorrow but I need to get the glass back in and sorted pronto as have a lot of miles to do tomorrow, so need to get it right first time!!!!

Any tips, tricks, pitfalls, pointers etc would be very much appreciated

Not sure if this is any help to you, as it was a rear door, but it's the best I can do:

https://jumpshare.com/v/PYgcflwkY4Y3LtJHllf0?b=BeWHD7OnJYhyV465pCFH

(the original post may still be around here somewhere, but the photobucket pictures will have long gone)

I'd not done it before, or been given any advice, and managed it -so you might be ok ;)

Matt - that's brilliant, thank you. Pictures are a great help, or will be in the morning - picking up replacement glass first thing and will get straight into it. Door already stripped down apart from the trim parts around the glass, so your guide is going to be a massive help - thanks for posting the info and for photographing and writing it up - great result!!

the guide above should be quite sufficient, good write-up! we change a lot of windows in our body shop, generally all you do is take the trim off the inside, slide the seals out, undo the bolts and out comes your window(through the top)