What's new

Engine check light

ATR888

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord type r
Hi guys, I'm new to this site, and bought a atr yday, and its beautifully wonderful to drive. But I do have few questions and hope they can be answered

1. I have my ecl on and don't know why that is, the previous owner said it because my car has a decat pipe and that's why it's throwing up a code? Anything I can do to get rid of the light but not take out the ecl bulb out? lol

2. How can I do a ecl check my self? And where is that little green plug, which I use with a paper clip to get the readings? On my other honda its located on the passenger side foot well to the left? But don't knw where the atr one is?

I'm absolutely loving this car, and loving the vtec turnover.

Thanks in advance with any helpers here

If it truly does have a de-cat, you can remove the light by getting a spacer for the post-cat lambda sensor so that it fools the car into thinking the readings are normal.

The plug can be found in the passenger footwell right near the centre console. There is a small flap of carpet that tucks under the plastic.

Thanks for the reply and help bluevtec, appreciate it!

When I bought the car I heard a slight sounding clicking noise when turning right, but when I was out in it today, I even heard it when I was stationary, anyone have a clue what it is?

Also I've also noticed that my ATR is idling higher than normal, idling around 1100-1300 rpm, anyone know what's the cause of this?

Clicking noise could be anything suspension/steering related so it's hard to diagnose it over the internet, like most things I guess! If it's definetely external and not just lose trim near the steering wheel or something, I would just get someone to keep turning the wheel to recreate the noise while you get underneath and have a look for the source.

For the high idle, I ***ume it does that when warm? At cold temps its normal but once warm should settle to 800ish. I would give the throttlebody and surrounding sensors a good clean first (TPS and MAP would be the only ones affecting idle) and then go from there. Also worth checking the butterfly on the TB is not stuck open slightly once you've cleaned it, as it could be something as simple as a weak return spring.

thanks again bluevtev.

yep its only doing it when its warm, and dosent settle at 800 rpm, where can i locate the MAP and TPS sensors?

ive just done a faults check and ive come back with codes errors 23, 71, 72, 73, and 74.
error code 23 if im correct is the knock sensor, but i know nothing about this, and not a clue where i can locate it, does it need replacing or just a clean?

also the error codes 71, 72, 73, and 74 if im not wrong is cylinder 1,2,3 and 4 that is misfiring, and where can i locate this and fix it?

Also if possible, can anyone tell me how many dash lights should be working and which ones? I've only got around 4-5 working.
If I remember correctly where the revs is there like 4 boxes, in the Middle there's like 2 and 7 in the mph gauge. That's 13 boxes and I only have 4-5 working, and anyone know the fitment for the all the bulbs in the dash?