What's new

Engine Oil?

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
I have my New Accord 2.4 and it is lovely. Honda recommends I use Castrol Professional Oil. On the Castrol web site they tell me to use Castrol Edge. Can anybody tell me the difference and what is the best to use please?

doesnt have to be castrol mate try this

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/547-review-exol-0w30-fully-synthetic-engine-oil/

I use silkolene pro from opie oils and so do lots of members hear.

Honda sell a 0w20 fuel efficient grade of oil, which you could try. I use it in my k20 engined bus, i certainly seen a differnce in mpg. I'd check with your local Dealer to see if this can be used in the k24 too though :unsure:

Please DONT USE 0W-20 oil in K24. I have Accord TypeS CU2 (K24Z3). I bought it before 3 months with 0W-20 Castrol in engine. Only problems with it - when oil was on MAX level once in corner my display showed CHECK ENGINE OIL LEVEL. Now when the oil is in the middle between MIN and MAX - I have that warning on display every second day, or every day. I putted level to MAX again and it is normally less frequent warning.... BUT POINT IS THAT THIS OIL IS NOT GOOD.....SURE THAT IMPROVES MPG - but in another way you have more wearing of engine.... somewhere I read that because proven quality of engines Honda and Toyota using it to get more MPG ...anyway engine live longer that car itself...

Also read that 0W-20 is used like flushing oil....put in, little wash engine and drain out.... I GO NOW ON 0w-30 TO SEE RESULTS!!!

Hope you know that first number is only for winter grade - so for viscosity look on another number (SAE) - I go from 20 to 30.....

I use 5w-30 for economy but if you drive heavy in Vtec all day use 5w-40

Please DONT USE 0W-20 oil in K24. I have Accord TypeS CU2 (K24Z3). I bought it before 3 months with 0W-20 Castrol in engine. Only problems with it - when oil was on MAX level once in corner my display showed CHECK ENGINE OIL LEVEL. Now when the oil is in the middle between MIN and MAX - I have that warning on display every second day, or every day. I putted level to MAX again and it is normally less frequent warning.... BUT POINT IS THAT THIS OIL IS NOT GOOD.....SURE THAT IMPROVES MPG - but in another way you have more wearing of engine.... somewhere I read that because proven quality of engines Honda and Toyota using it to get more MPG ...anyway engine live longer that car itself...Also read that 0W-20 is used like flushing oil....put in, little wash engine and drain out.... I GO NOW ON 0w-30 TO SEE RESULTS!!!Hope you know that first number is only for winter grade - so for viscosity look on another number (SAE) - I go from 20 to 30.....

some fanboys swear by this because honda recommend it

think for yourselves lads

I have now 0W-30 Honda oil..... so far so good....not a single warning about low oil level (like it was with 0W-20).....