What's new

Engine Warning Light

Mallo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX CTDI '06
Hi there,

Yesterday my engine warning light came on and I couldn't rev over 2000 (06 ctdi exec saloon), so I went to my local garage who erased the error codes (I think there were 4 but 0634 rings a bell with a pending one as well). The car was fine and still is - I'm obviously going to take it to the dealers but I wonder if anyone has a list of the codes so I can go back to the local garage tonight. It's just had a major service as well.

Any help appreciated.

Simon

without those erased codes there is little point...

a quick google of the codes you have will give you the generic ones.

there are Honda specific ones, some of which can be found here.

ss you will have seen most diesel coded faults are fuel related, you might have had a plug of air in the line after the filter as changed.

***uming they used oem of course.

other common problemd are yet valve and imrc related, but without those codes all bets are off.

Simon its a shame the garage didn't keep the codes.You might be lucky and the ECU might have stored these but without them you wont no what caused this in the 1st place.

Cheers guys,

It hasn't happened again so it may have been a surge of current or a misfire. Certainly nothing seems wrong but I'm going to add some millers to the next fill up to give it a good clean.

Simon,

How were you driving when the light came on, did the car do anything else such as lurch or anything?