What's new

Facelift wipers: cheaper at the dealer!

benw123

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 i-CTDI EX
The wipers were pretty shot on my 2006/56 car when I got it three months ago - the passenger one just spread water evenly on the screen - so I did exactly what every other lazy motorist does and wandered into Halfords to pick up a new set.

I paid around £23, and because I was distracted by my 4-year-old son (or maybe the nice fry-up I'd just had for breakfast), forgot that my facelift Accord has the integrated aero wipers. So the ones I bought not only didn't fit, but were different in length too.

Checked the Honda website and they advertised wipers fitted for £25, so off we went to the St. Albans dealership. Got there just before they closed at Saturday lunchtime and the guys fitted them for a little over £21 inclusive of VAT. The extra £4 is for fitting apparently but they kindly waived the charge, and they disposed of the old ones too. Not bad service at all and only a couple of quid in diesel to get there and back.

This compares well with Audi, who will charge £39 for changing the wipers on my wife's A3 (although this car has some reversible wipers to extend their life).

The moral of this tale therefore is always to check with Honda first!

I personally like the PIAA silicone wipers, a little pricy but they do the job very nicely. Previosuly I always used RainX on my screen but with the PIAA ones you dont need it as they build up a coating through use

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

You can't beat Honda's own facelift wipers. I admit to being a bit of a wiper nerd and have used pretty much all the premium brands from Valeo to Bosch and Honda's are as good as the Bosch AeroTwins but don't squeak at the top and bottom of the wipe and look better as well.

Steady one Bosch isn't a premium brand ..it far from it ...even the yanks can make better stuff then them

There wipers are pretty good. They don't seem to make good ECU's for Honda diesels though.

Past experience Valeo wipers are very good and Bosch i found were good for the 1st 4 weeks then useless.
As for genuine Honda ones i haven't found any brand that comes close yet.

Does the PIAA one only have the passenger blade for 2.4? Like a good hoover it sucks and blows