What's new

Few Little Niggles

Hutty89

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Exec
Hey Guys,

New to this forum after buying my Accord 2.4 Exec around about 6 months ago. Its a 03 plate with 66k on the clock.

I have a few niggles which are really annoying me and was hoping some of you more knowledgeable people could point me in the right direction. Would be really appreciated!

1) when turning, especially on sharp bends, or when full lock is on there is a humming noice coming from the front of the vehicle. Im guessing this is PSP, but would be good to get a 2nd opinion. Additionally i would like to know how much parts/labour are likely to cost? If anyone can provide links for cheap parts etc, or step by step instructions to do the work, would be epic.

2) Sat Nav (Grrr!!) - "Disk reading error". I have read a few things online with regards to using disc cleaners, or a knife with wipe to clean inside the DVD unit etc... I have tried these steps however to no avail.
Additionally, when running a diagnosis on the unit, all connections are in green (so guessing all good), satalites cannot be found. I also have tried to use different discs, but no joy.
If anyone can suggest anything with this would be great as can only take to Honda, and they are quoting between 300-600£ to rectify.

Thats about it in terms of niggles, other than the tracking. Overall a mint motor, alot of bang for your buck!

If anyone knows anything with regards to utilising the screen for more than just its normal functionalities, let me know. Had wild ideas of connecting reverse camera, ps3 etc. I have seen some kind of box you can fit which has these functionalities, but hesitant as i have the "disc reading error" message and dont know if this will scupper the functionality with this box. If cant read a sat nav dvd, im sure it wouldnt read a film dvd for instance.
Also is there not a cheaper way??? lol :)

Any other cool mods anyone knows of, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regarding the DVD issue it could be the unit and not the disk. You can get them refurbed for around £100. Mine has an issue where I get the disk read error straight a away. Then when the DVD player warms up after 10-20 mins it starts to work after reinserting the DVD. Probably a dry solder joint or something. I won't be easy to get a video feed in, audio is easy enough. There are some replaement chinese units available but suspect quality may be poor and you may lose heater controls anyway.