What's new

Finally started my audio install

willy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL9 Tyoe S
I put my speakers for sale here before and decided to install them instead as can't stand standard Honda audio.

What i'm running:

HU: Alpine 112Ri (soon will be either Alpine 117Ri or Kenwood BT61)
Front: 6.5" Component Infinity Rerence 6530CS
Sub: JL Audio 2 x 12" W0v2 CP212 (as don't have space to build my box anymore :( )
Amps: JL Audio JX360.2 and JL Audio JX500.1 Mono
Wiring: 0awg, 2 x 4awg and Distribution Block, 2 x Stinger Pro Level 3 RCA, 14awg speakers cable
Deadening: Silent Coat and Closed Cell Foam

So yeah i started today as got ple of days of work and got to use my mate's work garage.

So started from taking the door cards off and was quite easy. Only 3 screws on each door card.

I used the original tweeter mount on the dashboard for my tweeter. Took me over an hour trying to take the cover off and measured the original tweeter holder on the cover and lucky they are perfect fit for the new tweeter but i have to put the mount that comes with the new tweeter and put double sided tape inside to hold the new tweeter in place for extra protection.

For the tweeter wiring i feeded the speaker wiring through the gap under the tweeter cover in the dashboard and staright to crossover. The one for the midrange on the door originally was going to drill a tiny hole just to feed the cable through but i just tapped the speaker cable behind the HU instead and wired crossover.

So far today only managed ran RCA cables, speakers cable and tweeter.

Still haven't found where i can feed the power cable from the battery to inside the cabin, anyone done this before?

Have lots to do tomorrow as need to do sound deadening on both front door and boot. Going to do the rear door at some point.

Will post some pics when done :)

There's a big rubber gromit in the passenger footwell that you'll be able to send a cable through. It's hard to see because it's behind a plastic panel, but it is there.

Thanks mate. Found it :)

Pics:

I haven't posted pic of my car so here we go:

Car lowered with BC Coilover
IMG_0052.jpg

In my mate's work garage ready for installation
6.jpg

Silent Coat Sound Deadening (awesome sound deadening!)
1 layer inside the door and 1 layer behind the door card
IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

0awg wiring
IMG_0096.jpg

My mate had to electric soldered to the terminal as won't hold properly just with crimper (cable too thick!!)
IMG_0095.jpg

Parts
2.jpg

311616_10150789781580387_741595386_20728315_1820545205_n.jpg

Amp bench before we put it in the car
8.jpg

In the car
IMG_0100.jpg

My mate passed with tirednes lol as at that time was around 1am in the morning and still hadn't finished wiring yet!
IMG_0102.jpg

The sound set for SQ and SQL so i can just turned up the volume for the sub when i want listen a bit of r&b etc.

Set the gain properly with multimeter and after all break in, going to tune it again.

So far quite pleased with the sound and no rattle on the door! :D

Going to put some sound deadening in the boot around next month.

looking good bud :) ,how you finding the bc racing coilovers???

Well done mate awesome job.:) I have a similar set up, but with no sound deadening- sounds excellent with hardly any rattles. I have been planning to sound proof the car but I have been so busy lately. I'm sure it would be miles better with sound damping. Let us know how it sounds when you have tuned up your settings. Out of interest, have you considered the Big Three upgrade to power the system??

looking good bud :) ,how you finding the bc racing coilovers???

The comfiest coilovers ever. Used Tein SS with my RX8 before and was comfy but BC comfier and i also had D2 Racing with my Civic as well and that was solid on the road even though had 36 adjustment!

Well done mate awesome job.:) I have a similar set up, but with no sound deadening- sounds excellent with hardly any rattles. I have been planning to sound proof the car but I have been so busy lately. I'm sure it would be miles better with sound damping. Let us know how it sounds when you have tuned up your settings. Out of interest, have you considered the Big Three upgrade to power the system??

Thanks mate.

Was going to get Morel or Hybrid Audio for the front component but decided Infinity cos going on holiday beginning of next year so will upgrade the front next year instead.

I tuned it 2 days ago and sound a bit better, will sound better after burn in :)

Was thinking about big 3 actually but i only run around 850w at the moment so i don't i need it just now, lol

You should invest some sound deadening, honestly like night and day. Sound much better with more mid-bass up front. Gonna do some for the boot as well hopefully next month