What's new

fitting leather seats in place of the standard chairs

phil the greek

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 accord tourer
Whaddyareckon then peeps?

If I bought a set of Accord leather seats, would they fit straight in to my '05 tourer in place of the standard pleblon tattytex "sports" seats?

Or would this cause big problems cos the leather seats are electric whereas mine are manually adjusted or something?

Anyone tried it?

Anyone know?

Anyone even care? :blush:

Yes they will fit fine on the rails etc... but you will have no electric movement so you cant adjust and nor will you have heated seats.... unless you wire these in separate... or you could remove the actual leather from the electric seats and put the trim onto your current seats... either way its possible but a pain in the backside lol

Yes they will fit fine on the rails etc... but you will have no electric movement so you cant adjust and nor will you have heated seats.... unless you wire these in separate... or you could remove the actual leather from the electric seats and put the trim onto your current seats... either way its possible but a pain in the backside lol
So all leather seats are electrically adjusted?

Not sure about swapping the trim over onto the seat frame - I think the seat shapes are different

yep all leather was fitted on EX models and they are electric

leather is ninja! so if you want to, go for it, it will work, you can work out the wiring for the seat and heater afterwards.

Unless you get half leathers which are manually operated

shabz, he already has half leather ;).
the mod is possible and wiring should not be hard... but its all about time and effort your willing to put in.

shabz, he already has half leather ;).
no he doesn't - acres of black pleblon I'm afraid :(
the mod is possible and wiring should not be hard... but its all about time and effort your willing to put in.
I can bolt a set of seats in, but the wiring might be a major headache - I guess I need to compare the wiring diagrams between the Executive and the pov-spec SE and find the bit where the Execubarge chairs plug into the wiring loom. That's fine and dandy for the seat motors, which I guess will be inside the chairs, but the heaters would presumably mean hacking a hole somewhere in the dash to fit heated seat switches.

I dont know about Honda's but I know that early Vauxhalls MK2 Cav/Astra etc to retro fit Electric Windows/mirrors etc the loom was seperate and you could just untape it from the main loom and fit it. Maybe worth looking into at a breakers yard (or the person who sold you the interior) who have an exec and see if the wiring loom for the seats is easily removable. As for hacking the dash your best option is to get the gear lever trim with the switches already in it and if you cant get the full loom at least get the plugs and as much wire as you can as this will make it easier.

As for hacking the dash your best option is to get the gear lever trim with the switches already in it and if you cant get the full loom at least get the plugs and as much wire as you can as this will make it easier.
So where are the heated seat switches located?

either side of the gear stick.

Are you more interested in the leather seat part of this mod and the electrics are turning in to a head ache?

If Honda seats are anything like the seats in my Vectra, which I stripped to put the heating elements in, then just changing the leather upholstery over should be easy.

On my Vectra the seat cover was attached through the foam seat backing by metal ring clips, this is what gives the seat cover it's shape over the foam. Then this was all just clipped over the edge of the seat frame by the trim edge on the seat cover. The whole seat came off in 2 parts, back and bottom. I could strip the seat down to the frame in minutes. If the Honda seat is the same principle which I'm guessing it would be, then you can change the seat cover and the foam backing as one piece. meaning you don't have to worry about the leather seat cover being a different shape and not fitting your car. ***uming the seat frames are the same shape that is, but I wouldn't expect this part of the seat to change.

Best thing to do would be have a look at your seat and work out how it comes apart. You'll be surprised how easy it is! Once you know you should be able to change both the front seat covers in less than 30 minutes.

Bonus is you'll have the heating elements in the seat too.

Matt

Thanks for that Matt - I'll look into that - I'm more interested in getting leather seats - I can live without the electrical gubbins

One thing I forgot to add. The seat frames are made out of pressed sheet metal and some of the edges can be razor sharp so watch your fingers.

Matt