What's new

Fitting Type S front splitter

EP3-AccordCTDi

Members
Reaction score
Car
'08 CTDi Sport
Hi all

I purchased a genuine Honda Accord Type S front splitter from my 7th Gen 08 Sport GT and should be getting it before the weekend so was wondering if anyone had fitted one before and could give me some pointers before I blindly start out on the job? :unsure:

Cheers
Gerard

u need two people to do it and a jack also and it would be easier if you remove the bumper first and then glue it onto the bumper and then refit as normal... it should come with fitting instructions.

Didnt need glue when I fitted the one missing on mine!

You will however need all the nuts and bolts that dont come in the kit.
There are m6 captive nuts, 2 piece plastic clips and self-tapping screws required.
Best thing is to get every nut etc that looks ***ociated on the fish. Otherwise you wont have enough bits to keep it on!

prefacelift and facelift lips are different so be careful lol

u need two people to do it and a jack also and it would be easier if you remove the bumper first and then glue it onto the bumper and then refit as normal... it should come with fitting instructions.

Cheers J4JAV

Was thinking taking off the bumper might make the job easier alright. Didn't think I have to glue it though?

Didnt need glue when I fitted the one missing on mine!

You will however need all the nuts and bolts that dont come in the kit.
There are m6 captive nuts, 2 piece plastic clips and self-tapping screws required.
Best thing is to get every nut etc that looks ***ociated on the fish. Otherwise you wont have enough bits to keep it on!

Thanks Steve

I told the parts guy to make sure I'd have all the clips so here's hoping. I'll make sure to count all clips, bolts and nuts to make sure they add up.

when I said glue i meant it comes with double sided tape thats how it fixes on :)

it should nto take too long with 2 people... 20 minutes max to get the bumper off. give the bumper a good clean to ensure no dirt of grease on there (10 min) applying the splitter should take a few minutes, then re ***emble.

give yourself an hour and a half for the job.... should be an easy task :)

I did it on my 2 poster :) and it took about 25 mins once I figured out you put the captive nuts in place before fitting the new part.....
If its similar to my car (04) then you take a few of the bolts from the undertray out as they share holes with the trim.
I will call it a trim as I have a problem calling them "splitters" . Race-cars have splitters...

hi steve, well done on your phurchase buddy, did you buy the kit directly from honda or from HH.

I did it on my 2 poster :) and it took about 25 mins once I figured out you put the captive nuts in place before fitting the new part.....
If its similar to my car (04) then you take a few of the bolts from the undertray out as they share holes with the trim.
I will call it a trim as I have a problem calling them "splitters" . Race-cars have splitters...

:D Ya, I know the term splitter is over the top, Front Lip Spoiler is more apt.

Thanks for the info.

Found this very good DIY guide for fitting the Euro R body kit to the 06-08 facelift.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-car-care/20957-06-08-euror-kit-installation.html

Doing mine tomorrow now. Will post a few pics when I'm done.

been comtemplating adding a front lip spoiler to my 2005 ictdi sport.
was wondering where other members have sourced this from, gen honda or ebay ( if so what seller ) ?
thanks