What's new

Front passanger projector cracked

Perry

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9
Pretty much as says in ***le fitted some new bulbs today after one had blown On drive home last night I noticed my headlight was insanely scattered from passanger side, was quite impressed as it was lighting up the complete side of lorries as I was passing them. Anyways realising something was wrong I checked the front projectors when got home and noticed a quite large cracked through he passanger one.

Has anyones done this before or know where I can get another one from before I graze Honda with all my exhaust money? haha

Cheers
Perry

my drivers side is cracked right through the middle from top to bottom althoug it does not seem to effect my beam and it just passed its MOT yesterday.
having had my lights off the car when I re sealed the lenses I noticed that the projector bit is actually removable with just 3 screws holding it in. it will be a bit awkward getting it out due to space but not really difficult.
the good news is that you can use the projector bit from either side as the beam cut off is actually a piece of metal that sits on the back of the projector lense. they are not handed if you know what I mean.
I would keep a look out for a smashed Accord on Ebay with broken headlights and offer the seller 5 pound for whatever light has an intact projector lense. a whole headlight in good condition will set you back the best part of 100 quid, more if your car is a facelift and rare as hens teeth.
300 from Honda.