What's new

Front passenger door window switch

Steve Bill

Reaction score
Car
2010 type s accord
My 2010 accord tourer has developed a problem. All of a sudden the electric window and folding mirror have stopped working, and also the tailgate is now locked shut. I have read elsewhere that this can be related to the window switch, which has a multi pin socket attached underneath. These spares are not easy to find, but I have managed to find one from a breaker, the cost is £120. Before I agree to shell out, has anyone else had this problem or can advise that it is a definite fault caused by this switch ***embly. Any advice gladly accepted.

My 2010 accord tourer has developed a problem. All of a sudden the electric window and folding mirror have stopped working, and also the tailgate is now locked shut. I have read elsewhere that this can be related to the window switch, which has a multi pin socket attached underneath. These spares are not easy to find, but I have managed to find one from a breaker, the cost is £120. Before I agree to shell out, has anyone else had this problem or can advise that it is a definite fault caused by this switch ***embly. Any advice gladly accepted.
Hi Steve , I had the same thing happen to my 2009 accord estate yesterday …. Not for the first time , the first time the dealer even stripped the internal roof material off ( twice ) to sort it …. Thankfully it was under warranty at the time . I’ve read much on here thanks to many members having the same issues ….. my question is how do you get the the multi pin socket in the first instance .
clearly it is weather related as it only happens in the winter usually after heavy rain . ( which is why I’m looking to bake the part in a low warm oven and then seal it )
Cheers for any members help on this one .

After sourcing a second hand front passenger door window switch from a breakers for £88, I’ve fitted the switch and all three problems corrected straight away, well chuffed.

There a few threads about this issue. It does indeed seem that the 'computer' on the passenger side window switch board performs all these functions. I took mine apart and cleaned all contacts with contact cleaner and re a s s embled (this forum doesn't like A double S) and all works fine. Make sure to clean the gold plated pads where the window switches connect - it was after I did this that everything started working again, though I also sprayed in the connector and plugged/unplugged a few times.