What's new

Front, Rear and Side body trims

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
Can anybody tell me how Front, Rear and Side body trims are fixed to the car or is it somting that has to be ordered ie factory fitted?

Bonded on I would have thought with clips/affixing screws for the sills.

Not sure what trim you refer to in regards the rear bumper - if I recall, you said yours was an EX model. If so, then the to get the diffuser etc would involve a whol new rear bumper, and its not cheap either!

I was (and still am!) toying with the kit myself for mine, but with this God awful weather, I may save the cash and wait till the spring because it will only get ruined by the salt and other fractured road surfaces over the next few months. And considering the costs for those parts, I would be gutted if they got scarred before next summer!

Bonded on I would have thought with clips/affixing screws for the sills.

Not sure what trim you refer to in regards the rear bumper - if I recall, you said yours was an EX model. If so, then the to get the diffuser etc would involve a whol new rear bumper, and its not cheap either!

I was (and still am!) toying with the kit myself for mine, but with this God awful weather, I may save the cash and wait till the spring because it will only get ruined by the salt and other fractured road surfaces over the next few months. And considering the costs for those parts, I would be gutted if they got scarred before next summer!

Trims are down the side of the doors and for rear and front they are like little corner bits. I caught my Avensis when coming out of my garage just on the edge. The Avensis had something similar and that piece was easily replaced. You can see them on the web sight.
http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/accordsaloon/accessories/exterior/

Ah gotcha!

Though you were referring to the body kit!

Again, likely bonded on. There's not "natural" flowing recess/ingress on the doors/bumper to accommodate these additions so must be affixed on this way. Unless someone has better insight/accurate info to share with us.

Ah gotcha!

Though you were referring to the body kit!

Again, likely bonded on. There's not "natural" flowing recess/ingress on the doors/bumper to accommodate these additions so must be affixed on this way. Unless someone has better insight/accurate info to share with us.
Found out side protectors are STUCK on. So if they are just stuck on then it must be by eye. What guaranties that all align symmetrically both front and side and back??
Not sure if I am going to bother now....Things stuck on an expensive car :(

They must have some working/measuring parameters to use before affixing/bonding these on.

Personally I think they spoil the lines and look of the car and are a waste of money. If the car gets damaged with those on, they'll need replacing and I cant see the costs for a protected/non-protected car being all that different to be honest. Better off spending the money on something else.

They must have some working/measuring parameters to use before affixing/bonding these on.

Personally I think they spoil the lines and look of the car and are a waste of money. If the car gets damaged with those on, they'll need replacing and I cant see the costs for a protected/non-protected car being all that different to be honest. Better off spending the money on something else.
Ok thanks for that. I had almost made up my mind when I posted that. You are right in saying they will spoil the lines and the look. Honda also offered me a couple of other things as well like Boot Liner and Door Step Garnish. To be honest I thought it would have come with the Door Step Garnish (not the illuminated one) Now all I have to do is wait for it.......Jan 31 Ho Hum! :(

Ok thanks for that. I had almost made up my mind when I posted that. You are right in saying they will spoil the lines and the look. Honda also offered me a couple of other things as well like Boot Liner and Door Step Garnish. To be honest I thought it would have come with the Door Step Garnish (not the illuminated one) Now all I have to do is wait for it.......Jan 31 Ho Hum! :(

That's a long wait?! Blimey.

Can anybody tell me how Front, Rear and Side body trims are fixed to the car or is it somting that has to be ordered ie factory fitted?
[/quote

This link should help explain how they fit side body mouldings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAqJ5Cc0gKA

I did have them fitted myself when I placed an order for my tourer along with a towbar, and clear plastic fixed behind each door handle to protect scratching caused by finger nails and rings etc, regarding side door body mouldings so far my car has not got any sign of dents caused from other car doors opening in car parks, I'm not sure whether the Honda garage fitted the parts and towbar or the factory before delivery.

PS I only had door mouldings fitted as the front and rear mouldings fitted on the bumpers don't protect much and also I think they spoil the car looks.