What's new

Front Splitter and Pre-facelift Enquiry

Jack Sparrow

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2
Hi all,

I have just won an auction on ebay for a new Honda Front splitter for my EX.

However I've briefly seen that Honda introduced a facelift in 2012 which affected the bumper.

My question is does/will the facelift/prefacelift bumper affect how the splitter will fit? Or will an accord splitter fit both pre and facelift bumpers?

The advert does not specify if it is facelift or not

Cheers,

Jack

The front spoiler lip is different on the facelift and pre facelift bumpers, as the bumpers are also different.

On the pre facelift the spoiler lip is the full width of the bumper, on the facelift its 2 corner pieces only.

Have a look at the parts diagrams on Lings.

B__4600.jpg

Facelift bumper spoiler - if you look closely, the spoiler is 2 corner pieces

hondaaccordeu.jpg

Pre-facelift

accord.jpg

Perfect, thanks Rich.

It is an entire piece so I'm guessing that is for a pre-facelift bumper, which I have, so it should be fine

richsprint said:
Yep should fit your ok matey.

Easy to fit, a few press studs underneath and 2 screws at each end.

Best get some double sided sticky foam for the top edge, so it sticks nicely to the bumper.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Sided-Car-Trim-Moulding-Badge-Tape-Strong-Foam-Adhesive-6mm-x-10m-/370865763858?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item5659527612

p.s Jack, stay over here mate, were a lot nicer than the Honda Karma lot, although some of us post on both forums.
Thanks for that Rich. I have plenty of that exact double sided tape so I'm good there.

Are the press studs/stud holes already in place? So pull out, fit bumper, press in? Is that the same with the screws/screw holes?

I'm going to paint it myself, going to give it a go. Any recommendations on where to obtain the paint and paint code on the Accords?

Ha, I never realised there was a bit of rivalry. How come there are two separate sites?

Best with the foamy stuff if you have that, as it allows for a bit of flex.

Yep all the press stud holes are on the bumper, the 2 screws holes on the edges are marked, small dimples, so you can just drill those out a bit.

Your paint code is in your passenger door jamb on the chassis plate. if you tell us what it is we can tell you the colour, although a google search will work also. I usually get a big aerosol from Paints4U. https://www.paints4u.com/

Make sure you use plastic bumper primer, or if will flake off.

Yeah the founder of Honda Karma, used to be on here also, and one of the Mods, enough said I think, dont want to start a row.

Yeah it's the foam tape, used it to stick all sorts together on my car.

Should I just use self-tapping screws for the attachment in the arches? I'm guessing honda will stock the press studs so I need to get them when I can.

Yep I made that mistake all the way when I was 18yo, and painting my Fiat Punto wing mirrors ha.

Will get onto the paint code later, just in work, How do you rate Paints4U's clear coat?

You could use any screws I guess, I think there are some clips over the holes also on the bumper. The original screws have big heads, and are sort of a brown colour, treated so they done rust, might look better to use those, and get those clips also, see below.

captive.jpg

The plastic clips however, you can get them from Honda, but they are cheaper on Ebay, get a few of both lengths.

41I1x2LftLL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-Honda-Push-Fit-Plastic-Rivet-Fastener-Clip-Bumpers-Side-Skirts-Grills-/280770436651?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda&hash=item415f38de2b