What's new

Gauge Control Module?

earlofbarrett

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2004
After my probs below, my local Honda dealer has said I need a "Gauge Control Module" can anyone tell me what this is and how much is it likely to cost me, whilst they are getting back to me with a price?

Thanks in advance!

Earlier post:

Since I privately bought a 2004 Accord Tourer Executive CDTI back on 23/09/11 I've had to have the key recoded, an ECU update and a new 680 amp battery fitted with my local Honda dealer on 03/11/11 after a full diagnostic check, but a week later I am getting the intermittent flashing Green Key Light again, along with the handbrake, tailgate and coil light on dashboard when vehicle is locked, stationery and key removed. Have to leave car unlocked otherwise I get the following problems:

• Immobiliser is draining the battery.

• Central locking intermittently working when using key.

• Indicator and side lights start flashing (but no alarm sound). Car does not know whether it's locked/open and therefore arming/disarming itself.

• Passenger side back window has started opening by itself. Could it be a faulty solenoid?

• If car locked and key removed from ignition can still open the electric windows.

Obviously it's gone back into the dealer today but has anybody else suffered this annoying problem, or better still can you provide a solution?

Many thanks in advance!

Lee, not much help but the first thing I would check is the battery connections, make sure they are tight especially the earth.